Sail Inverclyde will manage the shore based events for the crew and general public during The Tall Ships Races 2011 visit to Greenock on the 9th to the 12th July 2011.
Sail Inverclyde Limited is a charity, established to manage maritime events with the objective to advance the education and physical, mental and spiritual development of young people from Inverclyde and further afield through sail training.
A Board of 8 trustees chaired by Councillor David Wilson oversees the work of a small management team who are supported by a large band of volunteers.
Key members of the team are:
- Helen Drummond - Project Manager
- Captain Charlie Mawer - Deputy Harbour Master
- Kim Wilson - Entertainment Manager
- Sharon Hodgson - Project Manager Community Involvement
- Mike Richmond - Site Manager
- Vicky Bunt - Trade and Exhibition Co-ordinator
- Ian MacKenzie - Chief Liaison Officer
- Elaine Provan - Traffic Engineer